Curious Cosmos is a platform for those interested in the fringe to research, discuss, connect, and share in a free-speech environment. The nature of the content found here might be funny, serious, offensive, or anywhere in between. While participating, it’s essential to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy Curious Cosmos.
While Curious Cosmos generally provides much leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these guidelines are presented, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
Content is prohibited if it:
- Is illegal
- Is involuntary pornography
- Is sexual or suggestive content involving minors
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Uses Curious Cosmos to solicit or facilitate any transaction or gift involving certain goods and services
- Is spam
In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on Curious Cosmos:
- Breaking Curious Cosmos or doing anything that interferes with the normal use of Curious Cosmos
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
- Engaging in behavior meant to manipulate or game the likes/Quarks systems
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW. This tag can be applied to individual pieces of content or entire groups.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Adding restrictions to Curious Cosmos groups, such as adding NSFW tags or Quarantining
- Removal of content
- Banning of Curious Cosmos groups
Moderation within groups
Individual communities on Curious Cosmos may have their own rules in addition to ours and their own moderators to enforce them. Curious Cosmos provides tools to aid moderators but does not prescribe their usage.