Curious Cosmos
Monkeybat

Best way of creating a vacuum?

I am going to try build a space warping device of my own design. A couple of components are a custom vacuum tube. So I am asking for suggestions on what are the best pumps for making a high quality vacuum on the cheap? I also need a cathode at them moment I am looking for a tungsten lightbulb for the tungsten wire as minimum order size on Alibaba for tungsten wire is much more than I need.

I am going to try build a space warping device of my own design. A couple of components are a custom vacuum tube. So I am asking for suggestions on what are the best pumps for making a high quality vacuum on the cheap? I also need a cathode at them moment I am looking for a tungsten lightbulb for the tungsten wire as minimum order size on Alibaba for tungsten wire is much more than I need.

Intresting , can you tell how will it work ?

Intresting , can you tell how will it work ?

In the unlikely event that it works I will want to patent it. So that will wait until I post a link to the published patent or an amusing story of peculiar contraption that does not work.

I bought a Harbor Freight 2HP compressor for 89 dollars. They regularly have one on sale at that price. I just reversed the reed valve assembly on the compressor which turned it into a vacuum pump. Probably the cheapest high capacity vacuum pump you could possibly obtain.

Also tungsten wire on eBay starts at $6.99 a spool shipping included.

I'm not sure of the best way, but I can tell you the cheapest way.

Two words... Gravity bong. google that device.

Add two pressure valves, to open an close the pressure, and you have a home made vacuum system.

The strength of the materials, amount of water, and the ability to lift funnel will determine how much pressure the vacuum will hold.

If you want space vacuum you probably need two stage schematics.

On the first stage has to be any vacuum pump.

On second stage you need molecular pump.

Big problem is leaking connectors.