Curious Cosmos
Nicolas

So John Titor was a hoax.

Like somebody pops up tomorrow in front of the White House, tells people where to find an Egyptian hovercraft, and then waits as they dig it up. I exaggerate, of course, but that's the premise I most dwell on when I think of proof. Using the past to prove time travel.

Lets say that you where a time traveler and knew where an ancient hovercraft was buried. You would arrive in this time with nothing, so you would have to somehow raise funding to go did up this hovercraft. If you tell people who are going finance you that you know where it is because you are a time travel, they will think you are nuts. So you would have to invent somesort of plausable theory.

If after you dig it up, you then claim that you knew about it because you are a time travel, people will think you are having a mental breakdown, and you will probably get locked up in a nuthouse.

Wanting to believe is a problem if someone speaks with this in arguments!!

Its not bad for the person Itself. Just for his imaginations. I mean I'm still a logical person...

Oops, I should have stated that this is in no way meant as an insult or criticism against you. My bad, sorry. The problem is that a lot of people, on a lot of topics, want to believe things so badly that anyone looking at them with skepticism becomes "the enemy". That is a problem, because unless we try to rip our own ideas apart to the point of obsession before we stand firm on them, we open ourselves up to ridicule and drag everything else down with us. I, for example, honestly work on time travel (the study of the concept, not actual time travel itself!), but I would never say that to anyone other than A ) people here, or B ) someone I really really trust, because time travel is seen as akin to Bigfoot and ESP, i.e. it is laughed at. And that is because people want so badly to believe in something like Titor that they kill all criticism of the concept and make it look utterly stupid to anyone else. It's like your party being ruined because one person pees on the carpet. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone else.

• Like 2

The problem is that a lot of people, on a lot of topics, want to believe things so badly that anyone looking at them with skepticism becomes "the enemy".

Also true. Respect is a two way street. This very thread I opened was ignored for the first 2,5 pages, filled with exactly the opposite I proposed we talk about.

I haven't recovered from it to this day.

• Like 1

Also true. Respect is a two way street. This very thread I opened was ignored for the first 2,5 pages, filled with exactly the opposite I proposed we talk about.

I haven't recovered from it to this day.

Well, we do need thick skin, too. Like, kevlar armor thick. So getting bashed in a thread or having it derail comes with the territory, I guess. Buck up, we'll get this sucker rolling! And if not, I run a hugs-by-mail-order business on the side, and we just got a shipment of hugs back from the factory 😉

Well, we do need thick skin, too. Like, kevlar armor thick. So getting bashed in a thread or having it derail comes with the territory, I guess. Buck up, we'll get this sucker rolling! And if not, I run a hugs-by-mail-order business on the side, and we just got a shipment of hugs back from the factory 😉

Well, thank you! I'm now officially over this chapter of my life. :lol:

• Like 3

To get back on track, I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, Larry got into a legal conflict over the rights to a lot of things. He saw the value of holding onto the story and the rights for it, but could not get all, or was maybe threatened with being outed if he did take it all. And now the parties involved have been disagreeing for all that time what to use the publicity for. If it is a hiaz, as I thoroughy believe, it seems someone should have profited more grandly from it. Or maybe they just lost their nerves.

I wonder what it would take for someone to grab the throne of Titor again and run with it, for fun and/or profit. People seem more skeptical about returners claiming to be Titor, than of the original story itself.

Nicolas;

You've been around for awhile now, not only here but in the world also. Nearly every informal conversation I have been in, (that's what we do here, just in written form, not verbally) has wandered about; returned to the subject; then wandered off again and a new conversation begins. Don't be disappointed that occurred in this thread.

The premise of Titor being more than a single entity has been discussed here before. I think everyone can agree, TimeTravel_0 and Titor were/are a real entity. Someone "did" post. Was it a collaboration among two or three or even more, is a valid question but, no more likely to be discovered than, Titor's validity as a real TT'er or fake story. If the story is fake, as most believe it is, "who" becomes irrelevant and "why", since there has been no real attempt by anyone to capitalize on it, is also.

Lets say that you where a time traveler and knew where an ancient hovercraft was buried. You would arrive in this time with nothing, so you would have to somehow raise funding to go did up this hovercraft. If you tell people who are going finance you that you know where it is because you are a time travel, they will think you are nuts. So you would have to invent somesort of plausable theory.

If after you dig it up, you then claim that you knew about it because you are a time travel, people will think you are having a mental breakdown, and you will probably get locked up in a nuthouse.

Well, that whole premise is a bit flawed and complicated, so I have a simpler one. Imagine a super volcano erupts in 2020, and kills 10,000 people. You want to prevent this from happening. In the future, this is well documented fact, easily found online (or whatever the internet is at that point.) You go back in time to a point where you have adequate time to prevent the deaths, say six months in advance of the eruption.

You find a leading vulcanologist, or a geologist, or even a disaster relief official. You present your case saying the volcano is going to erupt, and we need to evacuate the area, and move any installations of importance. If he scoffs, you present facts (that you brought with you from the future. Just because they aren't known yet doesn't make them untrue) to support yourself. You give him the exact date of the eruption, and at the very least try to convince him of a better-safe-than-sorry approach.

If he's still reluctant, you pull the time traveler card out of the hat. Any physical evidence you can provide, any historical evidence, anything at all.

If he calls you a crackpot and you get locked up, well, the volcano is still going to erupt anyways. Eruptions are thousands of years in the making, and I assume that no human can cause or stop one. When you're vindicated with blood and fire, you'll look less crazy. You can either stop intervening or attempt to go back and try again until you get it.

You've been around for awhile now, not only here but in the world also. Nearly every informal conversation I have been in, (that's what we do here, just in written form, not verbally) has wandered about; returned to the subject; then wandered off again and a new conversation begins. Don't be disappointed that occurred in this thread.

Yes, you're right. It's just that I'm very sensitive. I've actually noticed I've been more in touch with my sensitive side after we found out my wife is pregnant. It's been 6,5 months already! My hormones are acting crazy. So, nothing personal. :lol:

If the story is fake, as most believe it is, "who" becomes irrelevant and "why", since there has been no real attempt by anyone to capitalize on it,

This is one of the reasons that explains, to me, why this story is still around after over a decade. 👍 Whoever he is, he vanished.

I can see that adds to the mystery but, if the Titor story was contrived by several people, perhaps wannabe writers, developing that conclusion to their story is reasonable to see. Several Hollywood movies use that theme, the protagonist "disappears" at the end... leaving the end open to speculation by viewers; K-Pax, Powder, among others.

• Like 1

If we really wanted to know more about this "JohnTitor" then why ,at the time, the forum didn't trace the IP address of the user logged in as him and see where it comes from then? That would answered a lot of question in my opinon. By the way the fact that this whole story is fake it's obvious even from the things that Titor himself predicted that they weren't happen (see USA civil war).

• Like 1

If we really wanted to know more about this "JohnTitor" then why ,at the time, the forum didn't trace the IP address of the user logged in as him and see where it comes from then? That would answered a lot of question in my opinon. By the way the fact that this whole story is fake it's obvious even from the things that Titor himself predicted that they weren't happen (see USA civil war).

This is from an email exchange I had with Raul (the original owner of this site) back in September 2014 while he was in the process of transferring ownership of the site to me:

Back during the John Titor days, I operated another web site about Celebration, Florida, "the town that Disney built", that had a forum that was active with people in and out of that community. Navigating from one site to the other was easy as links were available in the footer. On at least one occasion, Titor messed up and his IP traced back to a computer at Celebration High School. Case closed.

This is from an email exchange I had with Raul (the original owner of this site) back in September 2014 while he was in the process of transferring ownership of the site to me:

Lol, you're only just releasing this info now, Cosmo? This email exchange could have saved many hours of debating, lol.

Lol, you're only just releasing this info now, Cosmo? This email exchange could have saved many hours of debating, lol.

LOL! No, I paraphrased what he said one or two other times as well 😉

LOL! No, I paraphrased what he said one or two other times as well ;)

Oh, okay. This info needs to be pinned somewhere for all to see. Lol.

• Like 1

A long time ago they did not know so many things in computing so it was hard to track down an IP address and then there was a lot of security on this forum . I am a supporter of the theories of titor because he said it is possible to travel on different timelines and so our timeline is different from its then in the timeline of jhon happened all the things he predicted ( I'm sorry for any grammatical errors but I do not speak English very well)

LOL! No, I paraphrased what he said one or two other times as well 😉

I read every post. This is the first I've come across this as well.

A classroom project ? Seems that some of the items provided as proof were fairly complex for one or two High School students.

A classroom project ? Seems that some of the items were fairly complex for one or two High School students.

What about high school teachers?

Lol, if he still works there, he's one of these people.

• Like 1

[QUOTE=\]I read every post. This is the first I've come across this as well. [/QUOTE] Weird... I can't seem to find the post. It was a while back and I was speaking in generalities. It may be one of the posts left over on [URL="http://mistake.timetravelinstitute.com"]http://mistake.timetravelinstitute.com[/URL] when we were on the shitty software. Either way, it's something I'm sure @Darby or Mop spoke on in the past at some point

Either way, it's something I'm sure @Darby or Mop spoke on in the past at some point

I've been hanging around since 2003. Darby never mentioned it. And I don't know of anyone called Map.

Perhaps this is one of those alternate timeline glitches. Your memories don't match ours.

I've been hanging around since 2003. Darby never mentioned it. And I don't know of anyone called Map.

Perhaps this is one of those alternate timeline glitches. Your memories don't match ours.

He meant Mop, Einstein. :lol:

Who's Map? I said Mop 😉 NOW who's in the alternate timeline?

In the decade and a half that Mop owned this site I'm sure the information I quoted is mentioned somewhere. I've known about the Celebration IP address stuff since at least 2012 or before because of lurking here.

Back during the John Titor days, I operated another web site about Celebration, Florida, "the town that Disney built", that had a forum that was active with people in and out of that community. Navigating from one site to the other was easy as links were available in the footer. On at least one occasion, Titor messed up and his IP traced back to a computer at Celebration High School. Case closed.

Raul never revealed this to the rest of us. But it was talked about. We all knew that he had the IP address that pinpointed Titor's location. There was mention that if the site ever changed ownership, that the new owner would then be privy to this information. So thanks Cosmo for revealing this.

• Like 2